Improved detail rendition for greater image quality
The Leica M10 Monochrom occupies a special place within the M-System: its newly developed image sensor is designed exclusively for grayscale recordings and offers exceptional fine-detail rendition thanks to its exceedingly high, 40-megapixel resolution.The fact that no color filter arrays are required means that there are fewer glass and filter layers to impede the transmission of light or cause deflections.
This is especially advantageous in a traditional rangefinder camera, and results in decreased, finer-grained image noise. In addition, the sensor’s enormous sensitivity range of ISO 160 to ISO 100,000 enables recordings with an extremely broad dynamic range – yielding images whose areas of shadow and illumination are clearly defined, particularly when shooting in uneven, high-contrast light.
Understated and discreet for low-profile shooting
The Leica M10 Monochrom is the epitome of discretion — which is why we chose to omit the familiar, and potentially eye-catching, red dot. In a similar vein, the “Leica M10 Monochrom” inscription on the top plate is considerably more subtle. The strict omission of any color-inlaid engravings further emphasizes the camera’s monochrome character.The camera shutter is barely audible, enabling recordings in situations in which other cameras would be too obtrusive. Thanks to its understated appearance, the M10 Monochrom allows photographers to blend into the crowd and capture their subjects without drawing attention.
A reliable companion – Made in Germany
The Leica M10 Monochrom is hand-crafted by accomplished specialists using superior-quality materials and elaborate methods of engineering.
For example, the camera’s top and base plates are neither stamped nor molded, but milled from solid blocks of brass.Due to its robust construction, the Leica M10 Monochrom can weather even the toughest external conditions.‘
Made in Germany’ guarantees the utmost quality, reliability and durability, ensuring long-term value and functionality. After all, a Leica is not just a camera, but represents a worthwhile, life-long investment.
Utilizing the full scope of the camera’s capability
With its high-resolution image sensor and faithful detail rendition, the Leica M10 Monochrom has significantly raised the bar in terms of camera quality and performance. This, in turn, means that only equally high-capacity lenses will be able to utilize all of the camera’s performance reserves.
Leica M-Lenses — globally recognized as the world’s best full-frame lenses — are the perfect match for the Leica M10 Monochrom, giving rise to an exceptionally high-performance combination.Leica M Mount lenses New (USA Dealer)
Other Camera Features
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica’s film cameras for easier handling and manipulation
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- The rear of the camera features just three buttons—live view, playback, and menu—for more simplified and intuitive navigation of the camera’s control-set.
- A programmable Favorites menu can be used, which allows you to define your most oft-used settings and select them for easy, one-touch access.
- 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive, bright, and large means for image playback as well as live view shooting.
- Rear LCD monitor has a Corning Gorilla Glass cover to protect it against scratching and impacts.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked smartphone and also enables remote control over the M10 Monochrom to adjust select shooting parameters or to release the shutter via the Leica FOTOS app.
- Integrated 2GB buffer to for recording 4.5 fps bursts of up to 10 consecutive frames.
- Images can be recorded in either the DNG or JPEG file format.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- When working in live view, focus peaking is available to highlight edges of contrast for easier, more precise manual focus adjustment.
- Designed to accept all M-mount lenses, Leica R-mount lenses are also compatible through the use of an optional R to M adapter.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses.
- Language support: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Korean.
You can order the camera from our website:
Leica M10 Monochrom Cat # 20050 NEW USA / New Item – Coming Soon
Or email email@example.com or call us at 1.888.534.2272